Saturday, November 26, 2011

Single Malt Scotch

This is my first post as an aspiring new pro triathlete. As I am writing this, I am sipping on a single malt scotch. I know once the new year begins, there won't be many opportunities for late nights and night caps. With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas quickly approaching, this off season is going to be over before I know it!

I am very excited to begin my journey as an aspiring pro triathlete at the age of 29. Well, I guess I'm already 30 according to USAT. I just completed my 2nd season as a triathlete and I have had some very high highs and some very low lows, but overall I have achieved more than I had ever dreamed of.

Here are the results from the 2011 triathlon season:

Ground Force IT Sprint Tri - 2nd overall
I Heart the Tavern Sprint Tri - 3rd overall
Rockett's Landing Int'l Tri - 5th in AG
Patriot's 1/2 IM - 1st in AG, 9th overall
Naylor's Beach Int'l - 1st in AG, 5th overall
Brickman Richmond Sprint - 3rd overall

Not too shabby. Of course I am naturally not happy with my results because I am a competitive person. If I don't win, I'm not happy. I didn't come to this realization until late in the season when I realized, with the help of my coaches and boyfriend, that I really do have the talent to make a name for myself in the world of triathlons. I was perfectly content with placing overall or in age group, until I discovered my potential to do more. This may be a slippery slope, but I am willing to give it my all to qualify for Kona in 2012 or 2013. Long course is going to be my focus, but a few short course races will definitely be thrown into the mix. I should know my tentative race schedule soon.

My coaches at Endorphin Fitness, Michael Harlow and Kyle Pawalczyk, have helped me improve tremendously this past season. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds!





No comments:

Post a Comment